Lake Superior Warehousing Co.
Seamless Transport with 3PL Warehousing Services
What are the benefits of a Foreign Trade Zone?
• No duty Is ever paid on re-exported merchandise from a Foreign Trade Zone
• If the merchandise is sold domestically, no duty is paid until it leaves the Zone
• Generally, no duty is paid on waste or yield loss in a Foreign Trade Zone or Subzone
• Duty on scrap is eliminated or reduced in a Foreign Trade Zone
• Generally, if foreign merchandise is manufactured within a Foreign Trade Zone or Subzone into a product with a lower duty rate, then the lower duty rate applies on the foreign content when duty is paid
• Merchandise in a Foreign Trade Zone may be stored, repackaged, manipulated, manufactured, destroyed or otherwise altered or changed
Lake Superior Warehousing Company, Inc. 1310 Port Terminal Drive Duluth, MN 55802
(218) 727-6646 Fax: (218) 727-6649
© 2016 Lake Superior Warehousing Co., Inc.